Native Or Hybrid Mobile App: Choose The Best
The successful development of many mobile applications and internet eases the task of many people and plays an important role in business development. Good mobile application helps small business build a strong communication platform and help them to take their business marketing to the next level. In simple terms, mobile applications help the business management to keep track and record of each customer, increase their brand value and much more.
Analyzing various benefits of mobile application many businesses are now looking forward towards the development of a mobile application for promoting their product and services. But many of them fail to do so because of lack of knowledge about technology. Also, they find it difficult to choose the best technology that goes with their business requirements. Seeking the mobile application development in the initial phase it is good to choose the one; native or hybrid, that leads to early completion of development and offers benefits to your business in the long run.
Before moving ahead it is good to acquire a complete knowledge of iOS and Android as well as the nature of native and hybrid applications. The native app is built for each platform separately while the cross-platform or hybrid mobile application is the single app that is replicated across multiple platforms.
There are several things that need to be considered while choosing the right kind of mobile application for growing your business. Confused about which one to choose between native and hybrid? We are here to help you to choose the one that goes right with your business targets.
The native and hybrid mobile app have its own specific function and is helpful to grow your business in their own way. Therefore considering one as inferior over the other is not right as both has its own benefits and limitations. So before making a final decision, it is good to consider the pros and cons of both the kind and their effect in driving your business.
Native Mobile Application
A native mobile application is designed specifically for a single particular platform or devices like Android, iOS, Blackberry or Windows. It uses different coding language for each kind of platforms like Objective-C or Swift for iOS, Java, and Kotlin for Android, C# for Windows Phone. Each platform differs from each other in terms of typography, graphic styles, gestures, visual effects, data entry etc. It is essential for the developers to consider all these guidelines before working on the native mobile development application for a particular device.
Pros of Native App
- Speed: Native mobile app use code that faster than HTML and JavaScrip, thus is highly useful for developing graphic applications, HD games, intensive applications and much more.
- Simple Nature: Since the app is designed specifically for the platform, therefore has less complex nature that offers easy access to the device features.
- Security: The native app full efficiency of hardware resources that make it more secured.
- User Experience: The native apps offer better user experience by producing good animation effects and appealing effects in an app.
- Customization: Since there are many devices, the native app development highly responsive and get easily adjust to the layout on each device.
Cons of Native App
- Development Time: The development of native app consumes of time as compared to the app. Since it is essential to make an app responsive for Android and iOS devices, it takes off time to the task.
- Cost: Since the developers their own specification and proficiency to work on the platform. Therefore for developing a mobile, you need developers who have their own specification. Thus, you need multiple developments that more cost.
- Approval Challenges: It is quite challenging for the native app to get approval on the app store. This unexpectedly long time-to-market sometimes affect business efficiency.
Hybrid Mobile Application
- Decreased cost: Since the app is designed for multiple platforms and therefore can be done by one skilled developer. This reduces the size of the developer team, hence reduces the cost of development.
- Easy maintenance: It is easy to update the content of the hybrid app as many time as it is required. This makes the hybrid app more accessible thus it requires less maintenance.
- Shorter time to market: In the highly competitive market, it often becomes difficult to make your app live. The hybrid app takes less time to become live and is thus become available to the target audience in no time.
- Performance: The hybrid apps are more complex due to the presence of an extra layer between the source code and the target mobile platform. This reduces the overall performance of the app in a device.
- Debugging: Due to the presence of an extra layer, debugging become another bigger affair while dealing with the app. It makes it essential for the developers to work proficiently on the targeted operating system in order to avoid any new bug in the app.
- User Experience: Since the hybrid app is accessible for multiple platforms, focussing on one single platform might result in offering a bad user experience on the other platform.
Which Mobile Application to Choose?
Since you become aware of the major advantages and disadvantages of each type of mobile app, the final decision depends on your business type, budget, and the target audience. Once you make a choice, discuss your ideas with the developer's team convert your imagination into reality with their great work.
To know more about the different forms of mobile applications get in touch with the developer team of ToXSL to avail the desired results.